Q: 02 Grand Vitara 2.5L idles fine, but won't accelerate. Timing chain, MAF, fuel pump, compression, spark, injector pulse OK

02 Grand Vitara 2.5L idles fine, but won't accelerate. Timing chain, MAF, fuel pump, compression between 140-150 in all 6 cylinders, spark, injector pulse OK. Any ideas?

It is possible that the fuel filter was never replaced with the fuel pump replacement. This could mean that the fuel filter is clogged and only allowing enough fuel to pass through for idle. Once more fuel is required when the engine is revved up, with a clogged fuel filter this may cause the engine to die. Consider YourMechanic as fuel filters can be replaced at your home or office.