Q: timing control valve

I have a 2004 Nissan 350z Check Engine Light is on showing my timing is advanced. Oil is clean but engine sat for a long time how do i clean the timing control valve, where is it located & do I have TO TAKE OFF TIMING GEAR?

First, there are many different reasons you might get a timing over advanced code. The problem could be anything from a stretched timing chain to a failed actuator. The timing control solenoid valve is turned on and off by the engine control module (ECM). The valve changes the oil flow through the intake valve timing actuator. The longer the solenoid is energized, the more the timing is advanced. If you decide you want to try to remove the control solenoid valve, you do not have to take off the timing gear. The valves are mounted to the side of the engine. I recommend having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the Check Engine Light before you start throwing parts at it.

3. timing control valve