Q: I got gas recently. Didn't put much in it, and it spewed back out. Does the evaporative solenoid need to replaced?

I recently purchased my truck, and upon leaving the dealership, I stopped and got gas, as it was in empty. When it hit about $14 gas spewed back out as if it were full. I, then, had to feed gas in it slowly so that didn't happen again. after i started driving down the road, my check engine light came on. Would it be my EVAPorative solenoid valve or could the be another issue?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. Yes, this is alm...

Hi, thanks for writing in. Yes, this is almost a sure sign of a failing evaporation canister solenoid. As you may know this solenoid is responsible for monitoring the fumes (and related pressure that builds) in the fuel tank. The gas pumps at gas stations have automatic safety switches that will kick the pump off it they detect too many fumes. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic to inspect your fuel tank for you and suggest the necessary repairs.