Q: Hi I have this dtc:P0698 description (failure of wiring and connection. failure of spark plug control module) engin no start

asked by on September 29, 2016

Hi help pls I have this dtc:P0698 description (failure of wiring and connection. failure of spark plug control module) engin no start

Ignition Switch Replacement $160.91 - $807.33 Get a Quote
Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Typically this is a failure in the ignition control circuit. Most of the time it is a wiring failure going to the ignition coils such as a bad ground connection. It can also be caused by a failure in the main computer which happens most of the time on this vehicle.

I usually start by checking the circuit for power to eliminate a blown fuse or ignition switch issue. If no problems are found there then I move on to testing the wiring and the computer to see which one the vehicle needs.

If you are looking to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home to diagnose your trouble code firsthand and repair this as necessary.