Q: "check fluids" light

I keep getting a "check fluids" light coming on my dashboard, but my oil & coolant seem to be fine. When this happens the oil level gauge on my dashboard goes back & forth. Is there something that could be causing my oil level to be low? This seems to only happen when I'm driving home from work, not going to work. I have a 45 min commute each way.

You did not say what kind of Chevy you have or its engine size. This information would be helpful for your specific light problem since there are many different fluids in the vehicle. You may be having an issue with the oil pressure gauge sensor on the engine or could actually be having a loss of oil pressure. The sensor is the most likely cause in this case, but an in person inspection would verify this. I recommend having the system checked by a mechanic to see what is failing. They will be able to diagnose your fluid light and determine what repair is needed.

3. "check fluids" light