$125.02 - $465.01
For some, moving to New York is a lifelong dream that they will stop at nothing to achieve. While moving to the Big Apple is exciting, there are a number of things that you will need to do. The first thing that you will need to make sure that you handle is getting your car registered. In order to get this done, you will have to go in person to your local DMV. If you wait longer than 30 days to get your vehicle registered, then you may have to a pay a fine for being late.
Here are the things that you need to bring with you to get your car registered without incident:
- Have your proof of insurance ready to show
- Complete the Vehicle Registration/Title Application
- Have the vehicle title ready
- If you purchased the car before moving, you will need to fill out the Claim for Sales Tax Exemption
If you are a resident of New York and have recently bought a car from a dealership, then you need to make sure you get it registered by following these steps:
- Get all of the paperwork from the dealership
- Get a Bill of Sale
- Have proof that you have paid sales tax on the vehicle
- Have your identification handy
- Fill out a Vehicle Registration/Title Application
When the car that you have purchased is from a private seller, you will need to make sure that you follow all of the precautions needed to get the registration for the vehicle.
The following are some of the things to do when trying to get your registration:
- Getting the bill of sale ready
- Have proof of insurance
- Have your state issued I.D. ready to show
The fees that you will pay for your registration will be worth it. Here is what you can expect to pay when going to register your car in New York:
- The plate fee is $25
- There is a $50 title certificate fee
You will have to get your new car inspected within 30 days of getting it. Without having the inspection paperwork, you will not be able to get the registration that you need. Visit the New York DMV website for more information.
Schedule Brake Pad Replacement
The most popular service booked by readers of this article is Brake Pad Replacement. Yourmechanic’s technicians bring the dealership to you by performing this job at your home or office 7 days a week between 7AM-9PM. We currently cover over 10k cities and have 100k+ 5-star reviews... LEARN MORESEE PRICING & SCHEDULING