Q: Wont start in park but will start in neutral

My van wont start or stay in park, when i shift it to park it shifts itself slightly to reverse. The gauge inside the car goes inbetween park and reverse. I can start it in neutral and drive it in drive without it shifting out of those. Also i can't put the van into the 1 gear all the way to the right. It wont shift that far even though its an option. All the other gears work perfectly. Before i got the van one year ago it was able to shift into every gear. For the last year its had this problem and hasn't goten worse. Any advice would help, thanks.

You may have a worn shift tube bushing in the steering column or loose shift lever at bottom of steering column inside van. Check the tube where shift cable connects to column and may need shift tube replaced.

3. Wont start in park but will start in neutral