Q: Wont Start

asked by on June 17, 2016

Went Dead overnight. Tried to get a jump the next morning, nothing. Bought a brand new battery, engine cranks but does not start. All fuses and relays APPEAR to be good but I dont have the necessary tools to check for power.

Make sure the battery cables are clean and tight. You need to make sure you check ALL fuses to see if there are any that are draining the battery. Crank your car for 15 seconds. Do this 3 times. Check for any diagnostic trouble codes. A compatible scan tool can operate the auto shutdown (ASD) relay to verify its operation. And lastly, be sure you have fuel!

If your still having problems or would like help having this inspected, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose your starting issue and perform any repairs to get you back on the road.