Q: Won't turn over every turn of the key

I have to cycle the key to cold start and on occasion when its warm. I had the battery disconnected not too long ago and it wouldn't start on its own after reconnected (had to hit the throttle/hold to keep running for first 10 seconds). Check engine light wasn't on but got code p0310 (cam positioning sensor) don't know if its related

If the ignition switch itself is defective that could implicate Code P0310, as suggested by the below list of causes (which list includes the ignition circuit) of that code setting. You seem to be describing a circumstance where electrical contact is not made on the first try of the key and that you must "cycle" the ignition key to get the car started. Consequently, the P0310 Diagnostic Trouble Code that you have detected should be followed up in a Check Engine Light Diagnostic simply because among the list of possible causes of P0310 are damaged or defective ignition coils and wiring; damaged or defective ignition module or wiring; damaged or defective ignition system sensors, as well as: no fuel or low fuel quality; low fuel pressure; a damaged or faulty spark plugs, wires, or boots; damaged or defective oxygen sensor; damaged or defective fuel injector(s); leaking exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve; restricted EGR ports; complete EGR system malfunction; vehicle timing issues; fuel vapors evaporating into engine; and clogged catalytic converter. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Won't turn over every turn of the key