Q: Won't start

For the longest time I jumped my battery with another car, because I didn't drive it too often. Then one day jumping it didn't give it enough power. So then I used a power pack plugged into the wall and jumped it that way. That worked for a while but then that stopped working too. Then only way I could start it was to bump start it in reverse. I decided to buy a brand new battery. I installed it hoping it would start up right away, but it just clicks. The battery is fully charged so it's not that. I had the alternator replaced a year ago. I have a digital volt gauge on my truck and it tells me I'm only getting 10V from the battery. Stereo system and everything works fine, although dims when I try start it. I tried jumping it with the new battery but that didn't work either, still just clicks like there is no power. Any ideas?

The problem you are experiencing is commonly caused by an electrical relay fault; perhaps the ignition relay or starter relay. It’s also very possible that you have a ground wire fault, or that the battery cables are in need of replacement. To know for sure, you should have a mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection.