Q: With my prevoius question when it overheated the instrument panel on the dash when dead and non of the gauges moved and all the du

With my previous question when it overheated the all the dummy lights came on and instrument panel went dead non of the gauges moved and the radio flickered

A: Hello. Most of the time this will occur whe...

Hello. Most of the time this will occur when the battery is discharging from a failing alternator. It will also happen when there is a bad ignition switch or an electrical connection issue. I always start by checking the battery cable connections and the negative cable to ground connections. If those are fine then I make sure that the battery and alternator are fine. If those are fine also then further diagnosis will need to be done. If you are wanting to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose this electrical issue.