Q: Why won't my truck start?

asked by on December 29, 2016

all of my gauges stopped working. the locks stopped work and it won't crank at all. ive put in new fuses, a new battery and alternator.

Hi there. Check the battery cables and see if they are tight and clean. If the battery cables are tight and clean, then check the ground wire to the fuse box and see if its loose or corroded. If the ground wires are good and tight, then your problem may be within the ignition switch causing the vehicle to not distribute the power when the key is turned. Try the key in the auxiliary position and see if there is power to the radio and other accessories. If so, then put the ignition to the ON position and wiggle the key up and down. If the gauges flicker, then the switch would need replaced. If nothing happens, then either the switch is damaged completely or there is a broken wire in the steering column. If you need further assistance with your vehicle not having power as you put the key in the ON position, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.