Q: Why is our vehicle acting like it has a clogged fuel filter but only when it gets hot

The last 4 weeks have been very very hot in our vehicle is acting like it's not getting any fuel when we drive it but only access when it's close to 100 degrees outside we've had the fuel pressure test and the alternator and the battery and everything looks fine we don't know what else it could possibly be besides the water pump going out no 2 mechanics have the same answer for me

A: Hi there. Unfortunately, mechanical diagnos...

Hi there. Unfortunately, mechanical diagnostics and repair is not always an exact science - especially when a mechanic isn't there to physically test drive, inspect, and diagnose a problem. Hot weather typically brings out the worst in cars, trucks, and SUV's as that's when each component is operating in higher than usual temperatures. The problem you're describing seems similar to an issue with the electronic throttle control, O2 sensors, or other electrically-operated components.

When the temperature outside gets hot, it can become extremely hot under the hood, which typically is very harsh on electrical systems. Several General Motors models have experienced problems with electrical throttle or fuel system sensors in high heat areas like Arizona, Nevada, and Southern California. Add the fact that your 2005 Uplander has 179,000 miles on it, and the electrical issue seems more likely than a water pump or fuel delivery problem.

Your best bet is to contact a mobile ASE certified mechanic who can visit you on-site, test drive and inspect your Uplander for any electrical issues. Hopefully, that will reduce the guess work and provide a solution to your problem.