Q: Why is my windshield so dark?

Not sure if it’s a feature to block the sun out or something, but the top half of the windshield in my 2014 GMC Terrain looks really tinted at night. This obviously is not good, and it obscures the road and makes signs harder to read. Is there even a solution to this? I can’t think of what I can even do. I have driven this car 5,000 miles now, would hate to give it up.

This is a really unique type of problem. Other than a defect in the windshield itself, I cannot think of another cause. Have you taken the vehicle in to the dealer or called to see if this is something that has been reported before? They might be your best resource.