Q: Why does my car jerk when i pull off ?

asked by on May 16, 2017

When im driving, my car jerks when i have to slow down or stop. The car shakes. When i let off the gas, the entire car shakes and it pulls. Its really loud and it scares me. When i rains and im about to make a turn my steering will kind of get stuck. I dont know whats going on.

What you are describing sounds like a dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. This sensor relays vital information to the ECM which uses this to make adjustments to fuel supply to the motor. A dirty or faulty sensor can cause an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which results in an over fueling or under fueling situation depending on the conditions. This type of inconsistent fuel supply to the motor may cause a hesitation, loss of power, a jerking reaction, potentially a bit of black exhaust smoke and typically a strong smell of fuel when this sensor is malfunctioning. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.