Q: Why does certain things not work?

After changing the voltage regulator after my battery was completely dead since then my windshield wipers my blinkers my remote key to lock and unlock the doors does not work and neither does the heat is there a way I need to reset something can you please give me any kind of feedback please my windows to roll up now but that's about it

Hello, thank you for writing in. Did you do any testing to make sure the voltage regulator was the issue to begin with? There may be a chance your battery was failing, or the alternator was failing. With electrical issues like this, you need to start with the simplest option and work your way down the list. Start by testing the battery, and then the alternator. If these two components check out, then you will want to turn your attention to the battery cables and the other wiring involved with the charging system. If the problem persists after that, you will want to check into the fuse box, fuses, and power supply to the fuse box. It is possible to get a bad replacement part, but do not assume right away that this is the cause.Tracing down the issue one step at a time is the only way to diagnose this type of problem without guessing.