Q: Q: Why do I have no acceleration

Bought a 2016 Nissan Altima from a used car dealership yesterday and I have been driving and 3 times it seems like the car loses power and I can press the gas pedal all the way to the floor and the car barely moves... What is this....please help!

Hi There, It sounds like you are describing the symptoms of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor monitors the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot’s position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to you home to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Q: Why do I have no acceleration