Q: Where can I find the speed sensor for a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

car engine light on, and taking off in second gear. I am able to shift down to first gear and back up for speed

A: Hello - it sounds like your transmission is...

Hello - it sounds like your transmission is in "limp mode" which gives you a 2nd gear start operation. Get the problem codes that are setting the Check Engine Light - this will help diagnosis considerably! Most auto parts stores will read the codes for you for free. Check the transmission fluid level - low fluid level can cause all sorts of problems. I would recommend having a car is hard to shift inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.