Q: What does the anti-lock Brake Light mean on the dash?

What does the anti-lock Brake Light mean on the dash?

Your car is equipped with both a normal braking system, as well as anti-lock brakes. They’re not the same, and both have their own lights on the dash. The anti-lock Brake System (ABS) Light should come on in the dash when you start the car, but it should go out within a few seconds. If the light stays on, or comes on when you’re driving, it means that there is a problem with the ABS. If the anti-lock brake system has been disabled, you will still have normal braking capabilities. The only difference is that your anti-lock brake system won’t engage during certain types of stops.

Tip

If the ABS Light comes on in the dash, you should have your car inspected.

3. What does the anti-lock Brake Light mean on the dash?