Q: What does the anti-lock Brake Light mean on the dash?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What does the anti-lock Brake Light mean on the dash?

Your car is equipped with both a normal braking system, as well as anti-lock brakes. They’re not the same, and both have their own lights on the dash. The anti-lock Brake System (ABS) Light should come on in the dash when you start the car, but it should go out within a few seconds. If the light stays on, or comes on when you’re driving, it means that there is a problem with the ABS. If the anti-lock brake system has been disabled, you will still have normal braking capabilities. The only difference is that your anti-lock brake system won’t engage during certain types of stops.

Tip

If the ABS Light comes on in the dash, you should have your car inspected.