Q: Where are the fuses located in my vehicle?

Where are the fuses located in my vehicle?

Fuses provide important protection for sensitive electronics. If too much voltage is sent into a circuit, the fuse blows. This protects your accessories (your radio, the headlights, the dash lights, etc.) but you’ll need to replace the blown fuse before you can use that accessory again. This means you’ll need to know where the fuses are located. There are two options:

• The passenger side fuse box: You’ll find this fuse box located on the passenger side of the car, in foot well on the side of the center console. You’ll need to lift the tab to open the lid and access the fuses.

• Power distribution box: The power distribution box is also called the under-hood fuse box. It’s located under the hood on the driver side and contains not only fuses but relays and other components.

Tips

• Before working with high current fuses like those in the power distribution box, disconnect the battery.

• Cover the distribution box again before reconnecting the battery (to avoid potentially shocking yourself).