Q: When you turn on the ignition a couple of lights come on but it won't start

asked by on December 26, 2017

I had to jump start it because it's been parked, I drove to get gas and back, I shut it off, I tried to start it about 2hrs later and it didn't crank, I tried to jump it and still no crank, so I got a new battery, nothing. I was told it is a security lock out, but nobody seems to be able to tell me how to reset it, the dealership said to get it towed and they will get it running, $30 hr!

Confirm that the "new" battery is actually fully charged. Even if the immobilizer were set at one point or it activated, simply arming and disarming it, via the key FOB or remote, will disable the alarm. There is no "lock out" in the sense that something extraordinary must be done to turn the alarm off. See these instructions for additional details in a circumstance where you think the immobilizer might be active. If the vehicle still won’t start, whether the immobilizer is active or not, there is no need to tow it anywhere if you utilize YourMechanic’s mobile diagnostic and repair service. To get the car running promptly, simply request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will come right to your location and get this resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.