Q: when the motor is cold it starts right up, when the motor has been running it won't start until the motor cools

when the motor is cold it starts right up, when the motor has been running it won't start until the motor cools

Hi! Sometimes when electronic components are failing they can be affected by heat. They may work when cool but not when hot. The electronic control module on your Dodge that controls ignition spark is the suspected culprit here. I suggest checking for spark while it’s hot to see if this is causing the no start. If you need help getting this looked at, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to the location of the car to diagnose the starting problem and have this addressed correctly.

• when the motor is cold it starts right up, when the motor has been running it won't start until the motor cools