Q: When I try to start my car, it wont start on the first try

Everyday I try to start my car, it wont start the first try. I always have to press the gas for it to start. Why is that?

Hi, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help. The fuel pressure should be checked to see if the pressure stays static after the vehicle is turned off. If the pressure drops to zero quickly within a few minutes, then have the fuel system checked and problem isolated to see if the issue lies in the fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, or an injector.

If you would like more help getting a firmer diagnosis, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect this issue for you, and make any repairs as needed.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

3. When I try to start my car, it wont start on the first try