Q: when i start my 4runner, & don't warm i up enough, it doesn't go into gear for few sec, jump into gear....this is new after 20yrs

when i start my 4runner, & don't warm i up enough, it doesn't go into gear for few sec, jump into gear....this is new after 20yrs... it's worse when it is cold outside but it still happens when it's normal weather...70-80 degrees,,,,

Hi Dona. Thanks for contacting us today. Typically what you are describing is caused by dirty transmission fluid or an obstruction of debris inside the hydraulic lines of the transmission. It is also possible that inner seals are leaking or other transmission components would require replacement. The best thing you can do is have a local professional transmission specialist diagnose your issue first, before agreeing to repairs, as if the transmission is damaged, major repairs are often required.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr