Q: When I push on the gas it is like it floods out but then it goes.

I was driving today after it had sat for a couple of days and when I started to take off it almost died but I kept giving it gas and it finally took off...then the engine light came on and it hesitated some more.

Hi there:

In most cases, the issue of stumbling is caused by dirty or clogged fuel injectors or throttle body components. It can also be caused by malfunctioning mass air flow sensor or other ignition system problems. Due to the multiple potential causes, it’s always best to contact a professional mechanic and ask them to complete a car is having difficulty accelerating inspection first; to allow them to pinpoint what’s really going wrong so the right repairs can be made.

3. When I push on the gas it is like it floods out but then it goes.