Q: When I press the gas the vehicle shuts off

Is it the fuel pump?

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Q: Car won't accelerate past a certain speed

You may be having a problem with the A pilar; the sunroof drain could be leaking water into some electrical connections in the driver's side kick panel. The connections for the throttle position pedal sensor are there, which may have...

Q: In cold weather, the service all wheel drive light comes on 2008 Chevrolet Equinox

Hi there - this is a frustratingly common problem with this model. If a problem code of C0550 is set (whether Check Engine is lit or not), it is possible this warning is the result of a lot battery voltage...

Q: Switched into 4H going 30 mph on the highway. I heard awful noises. Feels fine now. Concerned about damage to transmission & TC

These trucks are designed to be switched into 4x4 while driving or rolling. There is no need to switch into neutral unless you are switching into 4x4 LOW. It is possible that the simple fact that the transmission was not...