Q: When I press the gas the vehicle shuts off

Is it the fuel pump?

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Q: Difficulty shifting, starting problems

Hello there. It does indeed sound like something may be going on with the transmission for your 2001 Mercedes Benz CLK430. The most common causes of shifting poorly would be a low fluid level, transmission linkage, shift solenoid or a...

Q: How do I use the cargo tie-downs?

The cargo tie-downs are a convenient feature that helps you transport items. Your vehicle has four cargo tie-downs: two on each side of the trunk, on the inside. To use the cargo tie-downs, simply hang or tie an item to...

Q: I want to replace the front bumper cover and have removed 4 bolts. It is loose but will not come off and seems hung up by tow hooks.

You'll have to take a good look around and behind the bumper. There are more than 4 fasteners holding the front bumper cover on the car. You must remove the lower splash shield and loosen the fasteners hidden behind there...