Q: When I press the gas the vehicle shuts off

Is it the fuel pump?

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

3. When I press the gas the vehicle shuts off

Q: Car stopped moving suddenly, gears stuck

Hello there. This type of fault is not uncommon. There are a few different faults that would cause this on your 2000 Cadillac Catera, but since the engine runs properly the fault most likely lies with the transmission in some...

Q: Reduced engine power light came on when cranking vehicle and had trouble starting, but went off as soon as it cranked.

Hi There, This light will generally come on when a fault has been detected by the computer resulting in the check engine light to come on. The check engine light may come on for many different reasons such as low...

Q: Q: oil

Hello, you need to stay with the right grade of oil (5w-30) changing this can create oil usage and poor engine performance. You can use 5w-30 Pennzoil. Synthetic base oils give you added mileage between oil changes.