when I open my door my interior lights won’t turn on. hon...

Q: when I open my door my interior lights won’t turn on.

asked by on March 20, 2018

When I open my door to my Honda the interior lights won’t come on but if they do work if I turn them on manually I wanted to know what’s wrong before I get it fix? The lights work if I turn them on but won’t come on when I open the door or unlock my car.

You may have a problem with the interior lighting module or light switch is in wrong position. You will need to have the system scanned using a scanner that can see the interior light module and all the different door switches to test the system for operation. When the car is running do you get a door open alert when a door is opened? If not then these tests need to be done.