Q: What precautions should be followed with the door locks?

What precautions should be followed with the door locks?

Your car’s door locks are generally pretty trouble free, but there are some precautions you should follow to ensure that problems don’t crop up. Here’s what you need to know.

1. Don’t hold the Intelligent Key in the same hand you’re opening the door with while pressing the unlock button. The short distance may be insufficient for the key to work.

2. Check the door locks by physically testing them after locking them with the power door lock switch.

3. Double check that you have your Intelligent Key on you before locking the car doors.

4. Push the door handle unlock button before attempting to open the door. It won’t open, even if it is unlocked.