Q: What may be the cause of the Check Engine Light not going off

What may be the cause for the engine check light not going off?

Hi. When the Check Engine Light is on it is notifying you that there is an active trouble code present. These codes can go off for literally hundreds of reasons. You will need to have the vehicle hook up to a scanner to retrieve these codes an repair the issue. Once all problems have been fixed, the codes can be cleared by the scanner. A certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the Check Engine Light and move forward with repairs.