Q: What is the steps I would take to replace the starter on this car?

i am looking to go buy a 2002 cl55 amg where he says when he goes to crank the car the starter just clicks... i was curious on a brief walk through on how one would go about replacing the starter on this car.

Hi there. To replace the starter on your vehicle, perform the following steps:

• (1). Remove the negative battery cable (-) from the battery
  • (2). Raise up the vehicle and put the vehicle on jack stands
  • (3). Remove the power wires to the starter motor (will have to remove an engine wind cover if there is one)
  • (4). Remove the bolts that secure the starter to the engine
  • (5). Take the starter out of the engine and install the new starter in to the engine
  • (6). Install the bolts that secure the starter to the engine and torque them to specs.
  • (7). Install the power wires to the starter motor and tighten them up (will have to install an engine wind cover if one was removed)
  • (8). Raise up the vehicle and remove the jack stands and lower the vehicle to the ground
  • (9). Install the negative battery cable (-) back onto the battery and tighten up to where the cable does not move
  • (10).Test the starter and make sure that the engine starts up and not clicks

If you need further assistance with your starter replacement, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. What is the steps I would take to replace the starter on this car?