Q: What is the correct driving posture for my car?

What is the correct driving posture for my car?

A: Driving safely requires that you have the r...

Driving safely requires that you have the right position and posture when you’re behind the wheel. Not sitting properly in the seat can limit your view, limit your control of the vehicle, and put you, your passengers and others on the road at risk. Here’s what you need to know:

• Sit as far back in the seat as possible.

• Don’t slouch (try to sit upright).

• Angle the seatback so you can easily reach all the controls.

• Don’t recline the seat too far as you might slide out from under the seat belt in an accident.

• Adjust the steering wheel up, down, out or in to give you the best position. Keep at least 10 inches between your chest and the center of the steering wheel to prevent an injury from the air bag.

• Make sure the head restraint is at the right height and locked in place.