Q: What factors can affect the signal from the remote entry system?

What factors can affect the signal from the remote entry system?

A: Your key contains a remote control that all...

Your key contains a remote control that allows you to lock or unlock the doors, set the alarm and activate panic mode on your car. Of course, there are things that can interfere with the signal from the remote, complicating usage. Here’s what you should know:

• Certain weather conditions can reduce the range of your remote.

• Radio towers close to you can reduce the operating range.

• A low battery can reduce the range or leave your remote inoperable.

• Tall structures or other structures between you and the vehicle can limit the range.

• Other vehicles parked close to yours may also reduce the signal range.