Q: What does the “Power steering assist fault” warning in the message center of a Ford Fusion mean?

What does the “Power steering assist fault” warning in the message center of a Ford Fusion mean?

Your car’s Power Steering system includes both the normal Hydraulic system used for many years now to make steering your car easier, as well as a Power Steering Assist system that augments the regular power steering. If a problem develops with the Power Steering Assist system, it will be deactivated. You’ll see a warning in the message center that reads “Power steering assist fault.” When this happens, you need to have your car inspected immediately.

Tip

If the Power Steering Assist system is deactivated, you will still have normal power steering capabilities. The only thing that’s been deactivated is the supplemental assist system.

3. What does the “Power steering assist fault” warning in the message center of a Ford Fusion mean?