Q: What does the High Beam indicator light mean?

asked by on December 14, 2015

What does the High Beam indicator light mean?

When you turn on the headlights, you should be able to see the road ahead of you. However, once you get out of urban or suburban areas, the roads can be very dark and you need a bit more to see where you’re going. Turning on the high beams does this. When you switch from low to high beams, you’ll see the High Beam indicator turn on in the dash (it’s a blue symbol that looks like a headlight). When you switch back to low from your high beams, the light will go out.

Tips

• Make sure to dim your lights when approaching other vehicles.

• Don’t use your high beams in urban or suburban areas with streetlights.