Q: What does it mean when the interior alarm sounds continuously?

What does it mean when the interior alarm sounds continuously?

A: The interior alarm can sound in a variety o...

The interior alarm can sound in a variety of ways to alert you when something is not correct. The alarm will sound continuously if you attempt to open a door and exit the vehicle when the shift lever is in any position other than P. When this happens, place the shift lever in the P position, and then exit the vehicle.

This can also happen you forget to turn the vehicle off, but are attempting to leave the vehicle and lock the doors. If this happens, simply enter the vehicle, turn the Engine Start Stop switch to Off, and resume with locking the doors.