Q: What do the black and green wires go to on the turn signal switch plug

I replaced the turn signal switch in my 96 blazer. The new switch has a green and black wire on a separate plug and I am not sure what they go to. On the old switch I took out, the same color wires were on the larger black plug that plugs into the box that you screw in have been cut by the plug. And my left turn indicator light on the dash will not blink. I have replaced the flasher Relay, Bulbs, they blink out side front and back, just the left arrow dose not blink on the dash.

3. What do the black and green wires go to on the turn signal switch plug