Q: what could it be?

Last week car wouldnt start so it was diagnosed as a ignition safety switch, replaced it then it started just fine and every day for about a week, Now it is doing the same things again i replaced the switch once more and now it still wont start. when i turn the key over it takes a couple of secs for the odometer and stuff to pop up. The car is not registering its in park, key is stuck in ignition, car wont come out of gear, only lights that work are the odometer reading on the dash, have to manually unlock car doors, radio doesnt work either. Already replaced the battery as well.

A: Hello. When you say ignition safety switch ...

Hello. When you say ignition safety switch I assume you mean the ignition switch. If not then this needs to be replaced first. The ignition switch that is located behind the key lock cylinder is the most common failure to cause this. If this has been replaced then I would have the battery load tested and check the ground cable connections. If there are loose grounds then this will occur. If those are fine, then I would suspect that the body control module is failing. I have seen these fail internally and have trouble processing the ignition on signal which causes these symptoms. If you need to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your vehicles inability to start issue and repair this.