Q: What are the steps to preparing to drive?

What are the steps to preparing to drive?

Once you have the engine cranked, it’s time to get your car on the road. However, follow these important steps to ensure that you do it the right way without compromising your safety, that of your passengers or the safety of anyone else on the road. Here’s how to start driving:

1. Keep your foot on the brake.

2. Let the parking brake down.

3. Make sure the Brake light on the dash goes out when you release the parking brake.

4. Move the gearshift to drive if you’ll be pulling directly forward. Move it to reverse if you’ll be backing up.

5. Let off the brake slowly, and gently press the gas pedal.

3. What are the steps to preparing to drive?