Q: We have a 2006 chevy equinox. The ac doesnt always blow cold. When driving down the road it blows cold. When stop it doesnt

The ac in our car doesnt always blow cold. When driving it blows cold. When stopped it blows warm.

Hi there. When you’re driving, air from the outside blows on the AC condenser, cooling it down and helping to produce cooler air. During idle, this doesn’t occur, so it’s likely that either there is excessive debris clogging the AC condenser or compressor, you have a small coolant leak or the AC needs to be recharged. To determine the right course of action, it would be a good idea to have a professional mechanic complete an AC inspection at your location.

3. We have a 2006 chevy equinox. The ac doesnt always blow cold. When driving down the road it blows cold. When stop it doesnt