Q: Water leak at front of car

I recently noticed water leaking at the front of the car on the passenger's side. I can't tell where it's coming from, but I know it's not air conditioning water. It's too much, and it's not coming from where air conditioner water usually does. It doesn't do it all the time, and it only seems to be leaking after I shut off the engine. It's not much. I've only had to add water to the radiator once.

Hi there. Water leaking into the vehicle accompanied with low coolant level points in the direction of a leaking heater core. The heater core is a device through which hot engine coolant flows. It’s design is similar to the engine radiator on a very small scale. Air is blown across the heater core and the heat from the coolant is drawn away with the air. This is the warm air we feel when selected on the HVAC instrument panel. Have an experienced technician verify the situation and inspect the AC/Heater system as well as refill the cooling system with the approved amount of engine coolant.

3. Water leak at front of car