Q: My truck cranks but does not start - 1997 Dodge Dakota

Driving down the road and truck died. Only cranks no start so changed crank sensor cam sensor distributor cap. Still nothing not getting fuel or spark. Could this be the computer? Truck has almost 200000 miles. I bought it as a project and was running when bought but ran like it was running out of gas or coil was bad. I found one bad wire in the wiring harness that runs along rhe core support that was broke but I fixed. I also swapped the sensors around and checked fuses. I even pulled out the aftermarket alarm too. I don't know what else to do

A: Hi there. Usually, a no start issue is caus...

Hi there. Usually, a no start issue is caused by either fuel or spark - not both. When this occurs, it's typically an issue with the central ECU failing to send the right signal to fuel related components and the ignition system. If you had a bad wiring harness previously, it may have caused an electrical glitch in the ECU and damaged the system.

However, there could literally be a dozen other electrical gremlins causing your starting issues, which is why it might be a good idea to have a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to perform an inspection to determine why the car is not starting.