My EPC and check engine light turn on in my 2017 VW golf....

My EPC and check engine light turn on in my 2017 VW golf. It also said that the battery is almost drained and I can't start the car. Is it all beause of the battery or can be something else? Mechanic's Assistant: Does the ...

My EPC and check engine light turn on in my 2017 VW golf. It also said that the battery is almost drained and I can't start the car. Is it all beause of the battery or can be something else? Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink? Stay on Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Golf yourself? What have you tried so far? Tried to jump start and didn't work Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? The battery got drained because of the cold weather or possibly I left the light on almost a week.

Automotive Expert
**Hello, Welcome to JustAnswer.** Thank you for using JustAnswer. Yes I think all this is because of the low voltage, you might have to do a reset after replacing the battery. If there there is any fault codes they will reappear but I am sure that it is only the low voltage causing all this. You must just make sure that you have the radio code as it will ask for it after you have replaced the battery. I hope this is all you will need should you however need more from me just ask. Greetings, Martin

Okay. I will replace the battery. Thank you!
Automotive Expert
You are welcome. Martin.