2012 VW Tiguan. 124,000 miles. Cylinder 1 & 3 misfiring...

2012 VW Tiguan. 124,000 miles. Cylinder 1 & 3 misfiring throwing codes p0303, p0301, and getting code p2293 for fuel pressure regulator. Car starts and then then starts misfiring and the immediately stalls out. Ive replaced MAF,...

2012 VW Tiguan. 124,000 miles. Cylinder 1 & 3 misfiring throwing codes p0303, p0301, and getting code p2293 for fuel pressure regulator. Car starts and then then starts misfiring and the immediately stalls out. Ive replaced MAF, throttle body, all spark plugs, and coils. What next?

Automotive Expert
Hello, my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will be helping you with your question today. I've been working on VWs for over 30 years now, so I should be able to help you through this. Please understand that some of my suggestions may require special diagnostic tools and equipment that many home mechanics may not have, but are often required. So, my first question is whether you're planning on performing your own repairs, or are you wanting to be armed with information before bringing it into your mechanic? **Also, the site automatically prompts for a phone call. It's very rare that I'm available by phone, so let's hold off on that for now. If needed after we exchange some information, I will do my best to take the time for the call.** Couple of other questions: 1) what tool is being used to scan? 2) why was the MAF replaced? Curious, since those faults don't direct implicate a failed MAF 3) same question, but with the throttle body Also, this question looked familiar, so checked history. Have you already replaced the high pressure fuel pump?

Im just trying to get multiple answers lol I replaced the maf and throttle body because the engine was running lean and hesitating to go. It fixed the lean issue.I havent replaced the fuel pump yet
Automotive Expert
Ok, got that. Still, the root cause here is the HPFP. I did notice the other session, about testing fuel pressure, but that's not a valid test on this car, because it's not the low pressure side of the system that is in question here, so that fuel pressure test is invalid. No idea why that expert would suggest that. Also, I saw the suggestion of replacing the regulator, or testing the regulator, but that component is part of the pump

Okay, thanks for the clarification. so i was researching the HPFP, should i replace the cam follower with it as well
Automotive Expert
Nope, that's only on the earlier FSI 2.0 turbos, not on these. Just the pump.

Alrighty is there anything i should be aware of/ look out for when i replace the fuel pump?
Automotive Expert
Nope, just replace the pump and you should be good to go

Sounds good, thank you again for your help
Automotive Expert
Glad to do it