I have a 2006 Jetta 2.5 auto drives fine for about 20 min...

I have a 2006 Jetta 2.5 auto drives fine for about 20 mins or so then at every stop I have to pop it into Neural or it will stall on me. Then have to drive it as if it was a stick shift or the engine will cut off on me. Only happe...

I have a 2006 Jetta 2.5 auto drives fine for about 20 mins or so then at every stop I have to pop it into Neural or it will stall on me. Then have to drive it as if it was a stick shift or the engine will cut off on me. Only happens after driving it for about 20 mins, before that I can stop at a light and have no issues. If I turn off the car and let it rest I can start the whole cycle again. Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on? I have a 2006 Jetta 2.5 auto drives fine for about 20 mins or so then at every stop I have to pop it into Neural or it will stall on me. Then have to drive it as if it was a stick shift or the engine will cut off on me. Only happens after driving it for about 20 mins, before that I can stop at a light and have no issues. If I turn off the car and let it rest I can start the whole cycle again. Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far? Cleaned the air intake changed the plugs, changed the PCV Diaphragm

Automotive Expert
Good Afternoon, my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* ill be helping you, so sorry to hear about the issues here on the Jetta. I know how frustrating it can be to deal with engine related issues. Now there are two things i suspect with your symptoms. the first one is that we have a dirty or clogged throttle body that is causing us to starve for air and stall out when stopped and in gear. We would need to inspect the throttle body and get it cleaned thoroughly if we have any signs of it being dirty. I also suspect we have an issue with our crankshaft position sensor since this can also cause stalling issues but only when warmed up so if its intermittent it also makes sense. the sensor is a little harder to narrow down and requires a scan tool to confirm if its good or bad so i would do the throttle check first.

Yeah I already cleaned out the throttlebody it was pretty dirty but I got it clean Also replace the plugs and the PCV diaphragm. Plugs look like they were never change. Read a couple of post about also replacing the valve cover with the PCV valve that would be my next step unless you have any ideas there are no fault codes whatsoever. I can get a good 30 miles on the vehicle with no issues then you notice the car starts to shake when approaching a stop that's when I have to pop it into neutral and then takeoff from the stop is if I was driving manual controlling engines Idol so I won't stallAlso of course had a recent oil change and filter
Automotive Expert
the valve cover is a good idea for a next step since its such a common issue on these models. after that we are getting into electrical diagnosis like i mentioned

Yeah if not I'm also thinking it's some sort of regulatory sensor that starts to fail when warmed up. As if it is stuck in one position that would only work when the car is cold. I'll let you know
Automotive Expert
sounds good!