Q: Chirping and clanking sound

My suv makes an awful sound only when accelerate. The faster i go the faster and louder it gets. I let off the gas it goes away..and again if i slowly creep up to a stop or slowly begin to accel from a stop, can also feel it under my feet through floor board.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a tensoner pulley that may have a worn out bearing. As you may know, the drive belt that powers the accessories in your engine has a tensioner pulley that is used to adjust and manage the correct tension on the drive belt. This pulley has a bearing inside of it that spins freely as the belt turns the accessories on the motor. When this bearing begins to fail, you may notice a very loud chirping or screeching sound as you describe. This will change with RPM speed due to the speed of the drive belt as you increase or decrease speed. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your vehicle.

3. Chirping and clanking sound