Q: Valve cover and misfiring cylinders on 6 and 7 (needs a tuneup) 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500

I was told that I needed to replace the valve cover and that spark plugs 6 and 7 were oil faulted.

Hello - yes, oil leaks onto the plugs, or onto the coil boot over the plug, will cause misfires and poor running. I would recommend a valve cover gasket replacement by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, and replace this gasket, preventing future leaks and engine plug fowling.

• Valve cover and misfiring cylinders on 6 and 7 (needs a tuneup) 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500