Q: upper intake valley puddles with oil, no seal leakages, misfire at #3,5,6...

Saturn Vue-honda engine and tran. misfire #3, 5, 6. Used car dealership gave a 30 day/1000mi warranty. I had it towed to there location after my mechanic diagnosed it. they wouldn't take the diagnostic results. There mech changed plugs (put in wrong ones (2 times) did a valve adj. which my emissions sticker says "no adj needed." they didn't tell there mechanic about the rear main seal leak. It had same miss when I got it back. Went to Saturn service provider for diagnostics again! There Diag. misfire #3, 5, 6 + low ECT & leak. I took it back to my mechanic-Corrected plugs-serviced tran-fixed leak-cleaned upper intake valley (pools of oil), ran smoother-still has misfire. Compression chk-excellent, no overheating, misfire @ idol only-not once warmed up/high speed. Engine light just went back on and the miss is worse. Upper intake valley puddles with oil. Still have 2 days warranty I fear the dealers mech will ruin my car. It may be safer to have you fix the problem.

A misfire can be caused by a variety of reasons such as a vacuum leak, dirty fuel injectors, a weak fuel pump (low fuel pressure), a faulty fuel pressure regulator, fouled spark plugs, bad spark plug wires, or weak ignition coil. Any of these can cause a misfire and some may be impacted or compounded by another when multiple issues are wrong with the car. To have the the problem scoped out firsthand, have a certified professional from YourMechanic fully diagnose the misfire and pinpoint exactly what repairs are needed.

• upper intake valley puddles with oil, no seal leakages, misfire at #3,5,6...