Q: Uphill car revs when I mash accelerator harder

Car bogs on some hills and when given more gas it revs then goes uphill

A: I have driven on some pretty steep hills an...

I have driven on some pretty steep hills and have had to push the accelerator down to get the vehicle to change to the lower gear. If you think your vehicle has low power and this is not normal for your car, then you may need to replace the fuel and air filters as well as scanning and fixing any trouble codes you may have. Your engine is getting pretty high on mileage and the engine compression should be checked to see if it is low on compression for normal engine wear. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office, diagnose your car's hesitating issue and make necessary repairs.