Q: Uneven tread wear on rear tires with slightly negative camber

I have uneven tread wear. It's uneven on my rear tires because of my slight negative camber interior parts on both. Should I get a new rear camber or just get new tires? I have 2005 miles with the same.

A: It depends on how fast they wear out. If it...

It depends on how fast they wear out. If it’s unsafe and wobbles around, fix it correctly and get a camber kit. But, if you find that the tires will last 10,000 to 20,000 miles, buy some cheap tires and keep replacing them.

I had a customer with a Mazda who did that. Every 2-3 years, he bought new tires and the money he spent was less than what he would spend fixing it all correctly. But, of course, if it has a lot of movement and wobbles unsafely get it fix properly. I’d recommend having a certified mechanic check your tires to assess the tread wear and find the best fix.