My Nissan Tiida reverse gear not engaging

My Nissan Tiida reverse gear not engaging Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch? About 9 years Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan? Its 2009 ...

My Nissan Tiida reverse gear not engaging Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch? About 9 years Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan? Its 2009 model Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far? I have tried changing the oil and put new oil. Its looks like there are some residues on the magnetic Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? First it was the D gear but now it's the reverse gear. It's engage after 30 to 40 seconds

Automotive Expert
Hi my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* am here to assist you Today when you say "there was some residues on the magnet" was there a lot.

there was about probably 5 mlWhere are you
Automotive Expert
How many KMs or miles has it covered.

Its about 167000mAbout 167000These are kilometers. I am in Namibia. Southern Africa
Automotive Expert
It will be ready for a gearbox overhaul.

Okay. But what should i do for now
Automotive Expert
How many kms do you do each day.

Most days i do less than 40 or 50
Automotive Expert
It needs doing ASAP the longer you leave it the more expensive the rebuild will be.

Okay. Which oil is most suirable? I have been using NS -2 CVT fluid
Automotive Expert
That oil is fine to use.
Automotive Expert
If you need anymore assistance feel free to get back to me and Thank You for using Just Answer regards Gavin.